The United Kingdom Competition Appeal Tribunal is a specialist judicial body with cross-disciplinary expertise in law, economics, business and accountancy whose function is to hear and decide cases involving competition or economic regulatory issues.
- 6 Feb 2015 - Draft Tribunal RulesThe Government has commenced consultation on new rules of procedure for the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- 7 Nov 2014 - Triennial Review of the Competition Appeal Tribunal and the Competition ServiceThis review forms part of a rolling programme of reviews of all public bodies implemented following the Public Bodies Act 2011. The review has concluded that the functions performed by the Tribunal’s support body, the Competition Service, should be retained but should be merged with those of the Tribunal to form a single public body, a specialist Tribunal with its own support functions.
- 29 Sep 2014 - Practice Direction Relating to Commencement of Damages Claims (entry into force: 1 October 2014) The Tribunal has published a Practice Direction Relating to Commencement of Damages Claims.
- View all announcements
- 22 May 2015 - Summary of appeal1237/3/3/15 TalkTalk Telecom Group PLC v Office of Communications PDF 76KB
- 22 May 2015 - Summary of appeal1238/3/3/15 British Telecommunications PLC v Office of CommunicationsPDF 60KB
- 21 May 2015 - Judgment of the Court of Appeal1229/6/12/14 HCA International Limited v Competition and Markets AuthorityPDF 434KB
- 6 May 2015 - Ruling (Constitution of the Tribunal)1156/8/3/10 Virgin Media, Inc. v Office of Communications1157/8/3/10 The Football Association Premier League Limited v Office of Communications 1158/8/3/10 British Sky Broadcasting Limited v Office of Communications1159/8/3/10 British Telecommunications PLC v Office of CommunicationsPDF 407KB
- 29 Apr 2015 - Judgment 1230/6/12/14 Federation of Independent Practitioner Organisations v Competition and Markets AuthorityPDF 436KB
- 27 Apr 2015 - Order of the Tribunal (Withdrawal of appeal)1211/3/3/13 British Telecommunications plc v Office of Communications (Termination charges: NCCNs 1046, 1101 and 1107)PDF 35KB
- 22 Apr 2015 - Ruling (Permission to serve out of the jurisdiction)1236/5/7/15 DSG Retail Limited and Another v MasterCard Incorporated and OthersPDF 171KB
- 22 Apr 2015 - Order of the President (Service out of the jurisdiction)1236/5/7/15 DSG Retail Limited and Another v MasterCard Incorporated and OthersPDF 36KB
- View document archive