(1) Somerfield Stores Limited (2) Co-operative Group Food Limited v Office of Fair Trading
1197/1/1/12 Registered: 13/7/2012
Application by Somerfield Stores Limited and the Co-operative Group Food Limited (together, “Somerfield”), filed on 13 July 2012, for an extension of time, pursuant to rule 8(2) of the Tribunal’s Rules, for permission to appeal against a decision of the OFT in Case CE/2596/03: Tobacco dated 15 April 2010.
Somerfield’s application was heard together with the application in Case No. 1200/1/1/12 (1) Gallaher Group Limited (2) Gallaher Limited v Office of Fair Trading on 30 November 2012. The Tribunal’s Ruling on both applications was handed down on 27 March 2013.
On 6 June 2013, the Tribunal handed down a Ruling on applications for permission to appeal and for costs in this case and in Case No. 1200/1/1/12. On 23 July 2013, the Court of Appeal made an Order on the OFT’s renewed application for permission to appeal in this case and in Case No. 1200/1/1/12. On 7 April 2014 the Court of Appeal handed down its judgment allowing the OFT’s appeal.
This case has now been archived.
Diary events for this case:
- There are currently no forthcoming diary events for this case.
- 30 Nov 2012 | 10.00am - Hearing of application
- 27 Mar 2013 | 2pm - Handing down
- 6 June 2013 | 9.30am - Handing down