(1) Verizon UK Limited and (2) Vodafone Limited v Office of Communications
1210/3/3/13 Registered: 24/5/2013
Summary of appeal published on 30 May 2013. A Case Management Conference took place on 20 June 2013 at which the President gave directions regarding the future conduct of the appeal. On 24 June 2013, the President made: (i) an Order embodying the case management directions given at the Case Management Conference, and granting British Telecommunications plc permission to intervene; and (ii) an Order establishing a confidentiality ring. A ruling in respect of the application to intervene from British Sky Broadcasting Limited and TalkTalk Telecom Group plc was handed down on 27 June 2013.
On 22 July 2013, the Tribunal made an Order referring the specified price control matters arising in this appeal to the Competition Commission for determination. The Commission is to determine those issues on or before 23 December 2013.
On 12 September 2013, the Tribunal made an Order granting Ofcom permission to amend its Defence.
On 12 December 2013, the Competition Commission notified the parties of its final determination in relation to the specific price control matters raised in the appeal. On 19 December 2013, the Chairman made an Order setting case management directions. A non-confidential version of the Competition Commission’s final determination was published on 20 December 2013.
On 13 January 2014, the Chairman made an Order dismissing the appeal and vacating the Case Management Conference which had been provisionally listed for 14 January 2014.
Diary events for this case:
- There are currently no forthcoming diary events for this case.
- 20 June 2013 | 10am - Case Management Conference
- 27 Jun 2013 | 2pm - Handing down (Permission to intervene)
- Order of the Chairman (Dismissing appeal and vacating CMC)
PDF 13/1/2014 108KB
- Order of the Chairman (Case management)
PDF 19/12/2013 30KB
- Competition Commission Determination (Non-confidential version)
PDF 12/12/2013 619KB
- Order of the Chairman (Granting application to amend Defence)
PDF 12/9/2013 36KB
- Order of the Chairman (Reference to the Competition Commission)
PDF 22/7/2013 50KB
- Order of the Chairman (Confidentiality ring extension)
PDF 16/7/2013 44KB
- Order of the Chairman (Extending deadline for defence)
PDF 12/7/2013 36KB
- Transcript of case management conference
PDF 20/6/2013 299KB
- Ruling (Permission to intervene)
PDF 27/6/2013 45KBSummary
- Order of the President (Case management directions)
PDF 24/6/2013 39KB
- Order of the President (Establishing a confidentiality ring)
PDF 24/6/2013 59KB
- Summary of appeal
PDF 30/5/2013 48KB