New vacancy for an Office Administrator at the Competition Appeal Tribunal. Deadline for receipt of all applications is 5.00pm (Greenwich Mean Time), Friday 25th September 2015
Based in Bloomsbury, central London, the Competition Appeal Tribunal (the Tribunal) is a specialist judicial body with cross-disciplinary expertise in law, economics, business and accountancy whose function is to hear and decide cases involving competition or economic regulatory issues. Further information is available on the About the Tribunal page.
As an Office Administrator you will assist the Operations Manager with a variety of administrative tasks and also provide support to the Operations, Registry and Information teams on a range of jobs (from high people tasks through to routine matters).
Flexibility is a key requirement for this job. The Tribunal is a small organisation and, as all other members of staff, the job holder will, on occasions, be required to perform tasks not specifically mentioned in their job description or that are normally carried out by other teams or staff within the organisation.
Experience and Skills
The successful candidate would have proven administration skills to the required level, as well as excellent communication skills to deal with our Tribunal members, staff and external parties. The job holder will be able to work as part of a close knit small team environment.
Principal duties of the post
• Provide general office support. This includes: managing the mailroom; purchasing stationery; co-ordinating equipment and general office supplies; mannering the phones; helping with the setting up of court rooms; filing; and co-ordinating recycling.
• Provide administrative support to other teams in the Tribunal.
• Assist in organising all Tribunal events.
• Book and organise travel and accommodation for staff and Tribunal Members.
• Book internal Tribunal lunches and refreshments.
• Act as a receptionist on hearing days at the Tribunal.
• Proactive, cheerful and resilient disposition.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills/common sense.
• Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
• Microsoft Office Access.
• Previous experience in an administrative role with the ability to multi-task.
• Salary: £18,585 per annum.
• Working hours: 36 hours per week (Monday to Thursday from 9.00am to 5.15pm, Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm) with an hour lunch break every day. From time to time, there may be a need for the post holder to work until later.
How to apply
If you have any queries about this vacancy please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or calling Ms Ranbhinder Banwait, HR Manager, on 020 7979 7979, quoting reference OASEPT2015.
Deadline for receipt of all applications is 5.00pm (Greenwich Mean Time), Friday 25th September 2015. Initial telephone interviews may be held between 1st and 6th October 2015. Face-to-face interviews are expected to begin w/c 12th October 2015.
The Tribunal is committed to appointments being made on merit and according to a policy of equal opportunities. Applications are welcome from all qualified individuals; however applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.